Are you decorating the dining room in your house? Maybe you have already selected the dining room furniture. However, you might still be in the planning stages. If so, keep reading for some ideas that will help you to create a formal area for your family and friends to enjoy for many years.
Select the Dining Room Table First - Think of going to a furniture store that focuses principally on dining tables and the furniture that will complement them. Decide ahead of time what kind of theme you want to establish.
- If you want a contemporary feeling in your dining room, select a modern table without any elaborate ornamentation in the design. A glass top table with a black wooden base in a geometric design can make a dramatic statement. Another idea is to select a table that is constructed only with metal.
- Maybe you want to create a formal rustic dining room. If so, a table made of reclaimed wood will be an excellent choice. Since you are wanting an elegant feeling, be sure that the finish of the reclaimed wood is shiny and smooth.
- Another choice you might make is to set a traditional feeling in your dining room. If you go with that kind of decor, choose something like a mahogany table that has elaborate carving in the table legs or an intricate pattern on the surface of the table.
Select the Dining Room Chairs Next - Maybe you like the entire set of dining room furniture that the store has on display. However, you might prefer choosing chairs that aren't part of a set.
- For a contemporary dining room, think of buying black modernistic chairs to go with the glass top table. If you went with a metal table, consider buying yellow or red wooden chairs, just to add interest to the room.
- If you went with rustic elegance, think of selecting ladder back chairs. Instead of matching the dining table wood exactly, consider choosing a different wood that will still complement the reclaimed wood.
- A traditional dining room table will go well with many different styles. For instance, consider buying antique or antique reproduction chairs. Another idea is to select upholstered dining room chairs that look like they could go in your living room.
As you add decorative touches to your elegant living room, select things like centerpieces and chandeliers that will add to the formality of the room. For instance, the rustic living room would become more formal if you chose a brass chandelier.